23.4.05

Something justly deserved

I'm not very good at social commentaries, not because I don't have an opinion, but because I cannot find the right way to voice it. At least, not without sounding like a fool, or worse, ingnorant, even worse, an adolescent. Therefore I don't like to comment on world events and such, which is actually kind of backwards nowadays, when teenagers are more liberated and outspoken. Now if I don't voice an opinion, however idiotic, unformed and uninformed it may be, I am giving the youth of today a bad name and ruining all of the progress they've made so far. While I would be the first one to tell you that the youth of today are highly intelligent, well informed individuals (at least compared to the youth of years before) when you see the kind of individuals we allow to represent ourselves, (I mean, come on, P. Diddy?) the youth of today, as a people, are a generation of sheep, wooly and accommodating, comprised of an wide array of stereotypes and few genuine individuals. I know P. Diddy and those others had nothing but good intentions and I have to admire their approach and the progress they made but I'm not interested in making the youth of today socially and politically aware, although I agree it is much needed, others are doing quite well at that. I am interested in the liberation of the individual, shearing them of social stereotypes and forced beliefs. Then basking in the glorious silence as that new found individual realizes they don't really have an opinion of their own, only the biased interpretations of their elders, wrapped in colorful packages to distract them from what they inevitably must see. I have always enjoyed the term 'rat race' it makes me think of the original doctor doolittle movie when doolittle is complaining about man's tendency to compare human traits behavior to animals, like 'as fat as a pig' or 'as stubborn as an ass'. I never noticed in rats the tendency for endless, self-defeating pursuit, as the answers.com definition states, no that is a inescapably human trait. So our new found individual see's the 'human race', in all it's glory, and is finally free of it, free to form whatever opinion they may, without fear of social retribution. For if one principal holds true in society today it is revenge.And that is my social comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home