28.3.05

asylum

I think everyone should spend ten days in a psych ward, it is a very humbling and, at the same time, uplifting experience. You come closer to realizing the true nature of depression and how it affects the people around you. You see that you are not alone and you see what normality really is. You would not believe how normal you truly are. I am not insane, in fact I am probably the most sane person I know, that's not saying much considering the people I know but it's still true. My grandfather told me that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, I suppose by that definition I may be insane, but at least I realize it, and in that realization I am one step closer to being free of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home