20.3.05

a much needed moment of self hatred (that didn't turn out quite as I expected)

my poetry is contrite and lacks depth, I just can't express anything, any emotion. ok, it may be good, but it'll never be great, I never edit, because I don't know how. I come up with good lines, that's what I am a one-liner. Looking through my poems now I just can't believe how stupid I am. There is one I'm actually quite proud of, I do not want to die(the first peice of mine that I seriously edited), I was wondering what it would feel like to be diagnosed with a terminal disease and I was thinking about how I used to feel like I wanted to die and I think that actually came through, at least, willie noticed, but willie is exceptional. There were some comments about tightening up the lines a little bit, cutting some, but I am always reluctant to cut any lines short, I suppose I could but I wouldn't like the look of it, it wouldn't look like me. but I think I should start less lines with 'and' that has become a habit.


I've been reading more lately, and I've noticed that my poetry has improved because of it, perhaps one day I may be able to write something meaningful. I think I'll try my hand at prose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home