3.7.05

Clubhouseing

I fell asleep at around four this afternoon, well technically it was yesterday, and woke up at eight so I don't think I'll be able to get any sleep tonight. I was just so tired after yesterday, Amy and I went to the corner pocket to listen to clubhouse underground, they were pretty good, the singer was kind of blah but they did some good covers. It was around 12:30 when the owner finally threw me out, apparantly you're not supposed to be in a bar unless your 21, of course this was after I'd been there since nine and already had a few drinks. We were supposed to go to hilo on the bus today but Amy just got a job so we went after I got off work to celebrate. It was altogether pretty fun, the kind of music you can dance to, not like the last time we went when bhudahead was playing. It was a little weird that time though, the lead singer of bhudahead is Amy's ex, and she was getting a little down towards the end of the night. This time was great, we met some interesting people, or I met them as Amy already knew most of them. Like I've said before, I don't get out much. There was this amazing guy there with his son, he used to run the kona psychic center, normally I don't buy into that astrology stuff but this guy was just incredibly wise. I talked with him for most of the night while his son chatted up Amy. Talking to him was like confirming my own beliefs and incorporating new things at the same time, it was like getting validation. He read mine and Amy's palms, I've had my palm read before and it was fairly accurate but this guy knew intimate details, like my relationship with my parents, especially my father. After a while I needed some time to think so I decided to go for a walk while I finished my cigarette, Amy joined me and we walked across the street to a dark driveway and just talked for awile, mostly about molestation and my theories on victims. I'm really glad I met Amy, I feel so comfortable around her. A little while after we got back is when I got kicked out but I was only waiting outside for about a half hour before we left, they came outside and we talked with Dan some more and Nate, his son. They gave us a ride to Amy's house where her mother was having a poker game, Dan and Nate stayed for awhile and Amy played a couple of songs and Dan played one song that Amy had been talking about all night, Infant Ballet, it was really a beautiful song. She had to go to sleep after that because she worked in the morning but I decided to stay up for awhile, the power went out around the time Dan and Nate were about to leave so I decided to go to sleep then. We got up at eight in the morning and just laid there in bed for an hour, when we finally went downstairs we found that John, who was at the poker game, had stayed the night. We just hung around in the dining room for most of the morning, I played Amy the song I had written, my very first, after John left. We left at ten thirty and I waited for my dad to pick me up across the street from manago's, where Amy works, he was taking Laura to work and to the bank, we went to mcdonalds after we dropped her off because we had to feed my mother. So I got home, ate and took a shower and watched a movie and passed out. We really should do that again. Nate is having a birthday party on monday and I think I'll try to go, if only to talk to Dan again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home