14.6.05

I regress

I wish I could remember all of what happened in the psych ward, it was actually pretty fun, if ten days in a mental institute can be described as fun, I know that I wish I had stayed longer, but when I look back on it I suppose it's better that I hadn't. Really, I just wish I could describe it all as it was happening, I wish I could put into words what I was thinking, how I was feeling at the time, how we were all feeling. I don't think that my polluted memory could do justice to the people I met there, or illustrate the connection I felt to all of them. I don't think anyone would laugh at the hilarious moments we shared, either I'm not that good a writer or my memories aren't clear enough, I've never been good at telling funny stories anyway. Whenever I hear Iris from the goo goo dolls I think of that morning we all sang it while we were sitting at the breakfast table, the words took on a new meaning that day. I'll never look at rice crispies the same way again and I'll always have an affinity for lasagna, and I have an interesting anecdote when someone asks me where I learned to make paper cranes, or why I always keep my pinky nail on my righ hand short. If it is frustrating to read about how I wish I could write about all theses things it is ten times worse to not be able to. I will try, one day when I can sort it all out in my head. I think I need hypnotic regression or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ronald McDojo said...

I was in a mental hospital for six weeks one time. It sucked badly. They pumped me full of drugs. I was a alchoholic*, so they said. Funny how when I turned 21 my desire for beer/wine went away.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home