3.7.05

bass-ackwards day

It just occured to me that I haven't ever really mentioned Amy before or how I met her, and although nobody actually cares, it just bothers me that I've left that out. My parent have their whole wednesday night dinner thing, which is supposed to be at a different person's house every week but, more often than, it gets moved to our house. For a couple of weeks Dude hadn't been coming and I heard something about him having a new girlfriend that was half his age but it really wasn't any of my business so I didn't pay it any mind, one wednesday he brought her, and she her guitar. Well I was automatically drawn to her by that, I got out my guitar and we started playing a little, she was teaching me how to play some songs she wrote and she offered to give me some free lessons. I was thrilled to say the least, for some reason I just can't seem to learn guitar from books, music theory is too boring, and just watching her that night I learned more than I ever had from any book. I didn't really take the offer for lessons too seriously at the time though, she seemed a bit cracked out at the time, but still genuinely weird (in the good way). That was the night she broke one of my guitar strings, the high e, which I still haven't replaced yet. Over the next couple of weeks she was in and out of the hospital, the psychiatric ward, and the cracked out behavior made sense finally, the next time she came for dinner she was more lucid and I really got to know her better. We played guitar again, her beautifully and me badly, and she's let me borrow one of her classical guitars, which has become my new favorite thing-that-isn't-mine in the world. I went to her house and helped her paint her room and we went to the movies and to the bhudahead concert and I think that pretty much brings us up to where we are. I've become a better guitar player in the past month that in all the two years I've been playing, just watching her is inspirational. I wrote two songs of my own, one of which I played for her and was pretty well recieved. I never thought I could write a song, I just couldn't understand how. We talk about philosophy and life, she is so amazingly open to everything and she has such faith, I'm not sure what she has faith in but it's incredible to witness. She's been through so much, I really identify with her, and I've learned so much from her, and her innocence. She's really my best friend right now, as stupid as that sounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home