10.3.05

7:58 PM 3/10/2005

I wish time passed as it does in the movies, one moment you're a girl, akward and lonely, listening to Nat King Cole singing mona lisa and dancing with an invisible man, imagining his arm around your waist and his hand closed tightly around yours, he spins you around your living room floor and suddenly you're a woman and the man is no longer imaginary, the music is being played by a live band and there are a dozen other couples dancing around you, envying your lovely parter and fancy dress. Then he leans in to kiss you and you hear the minister pronounce you man and wife, you kiss and he carries you over the threshold of your first home. You look around at the bare walls and then, smiling, at the pictures of your family, your children, then their children and soon their grandchildren too, your husband comes up behind you and takes you by the hand, and you are dancing to Nat King Cole singing mona lisa, and he is spinning you around your living room floor.

I was never much of a writer, I suppose I write too visually, that is why I want to makes movies. I have thousands of scenes in my head, from a dozen movies, dialouge, movement, even camera angles. I want to be a storyteller, one who takes you on a journey through the darkest shadows of human existence to the illuminated peaks of man's higher mind. I want to create gods and humans alike. I want to show that man, even at his best, is still human. I want to document the souls journey to immortality, to divinity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home