19.1.05

from that high up we don't look so bad

the still face of a woman long gone
her cold features fixed in a fake smile
her hands fold over her chest
her mourners wail and cry
but she is happy now
happier than she has ever been

Is this what the clouds feel like
as thay watch us hurry about our lives

There are too many questions
questions without answers
questions that I should answer
If I could
I try to undestand
not to laugh
not to cry
to find the value of silence
there are so many mistakes
I've made
I have yet to make

A part of me is silent
it waits and observes
this part that is a poet
this part with all the courage
I am caged and human
It is immortal and free
withdrawn and compassionate
uncaring and unchanged
even on the worst of days
it stays
silent and cynical
comforting and accepting me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home