26.12.04

Part Six

In the end we will all be gods
blasphemy, she spat at the young man
I only speak the truth

if the truth is only an elusive dream
how do we know it's truth
and the only univesal truth
is that there is no absolute
and we struggle
searching for what we carry within us

after the beautiful rain
and the stars come to say hello
I will meet you there
and I will tell you lies
and you smile at me
for that is what you want to hear

for as much as we are searching
for truth
we certainly love the lies

and as they hold you up
exalted, above their heads
you let fly a savage war cry
shrill and terrifying
and perfection comes
through lifetimes of lessons learned
cut into our flesh
and our souls
and so we fail to see
the bigger picture
we are afraid

In the end we will all be gods
and his light burns her eyes
I only speak the truth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home