25.12.04

christmas

I love and hate christmas. Love it because it's the season when everyone is kind to each other and just genuinely seems to give a shit, hate it because it's the only season when everyone is kind to each other and just genuinely seems to give a shit. If you play christmas music all year round just to keep up that feeling of good will, well, you're nuts. But more power to you, my wacko friend, right on.

I hate when people ask my age, not only is it rude, but it prevents me from having any kind of decent adult relationships. Most of my good friends, the ones I can hold an intelligent conversation with, are around 10 to 15 years older than me. Wisdom is not measured by age, but by experience, not worldly expeirience, but emotional, psychological, which is then added to by physical experiences. Granted there are some things that are not easily understood without a certain amount of experience dealing with them, but a wise person knows when they do not understand something, and seeks help and advice from those with more experience dealing with it.

He looked at me and said, "you are going to be so different", I don't know if he meant my appearence or my philosophy, but he was right, I can feel it. I am not the same person I was this time last year, I am honest enough to admit that, some changes I am quite proud of, and other not so much, but such is life. This, of course is something I cannot reveal to any but my closest friends, for no one else would actually believe me. The changes were mostly internal and although I'm working on making them external, it's harder than I thought. The problem is that no one knew who I was a year ago, for that matter no one really knows who I am now. I try to be completely honest with myself, if not with everyone else. That is why I would be a good actress, my entire life is an act. My grandfather says that I'm very perceptive, thats true but not entirely accurate, at least, I don't feel that it does this 'talent' jusice. I know what people expect, or, I wouldn't say think but, feel. I act like other people expect I would. This has fucked me up many times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home