22.12.04

Part Two

and machines are made to sound like men
the irrevocable insult
they do it better than us
we thought up new ways to pleasure ourselves
we cured erectile dysfunction
before we cured cancer
and Man is forever searching
for new ways to satisfy his cock
the savage desires that drive us all
flaming, into the ground
we worship anyone who tells us to
fall upon our knees and kiss their feet
we do not worship stars
we worship men, and think them better
treat them better
and our children have no heroes
except drug addicted fiends

posers, posters
we love those who we do not know
and hate them the next moment
we make gods to tear them apart
because we cannot be gods ourselves

why not?
because, my friend, we are only human

only human
you speak of losing our humanity
and yet when we err we are
after all
only human

the world know's itself
god is a knowledgable man
knowledge of self
for all are one

I walked into the universe one day
excuse me, I said
I did not see you there
that is alright, the universe replied
no one ever does
and the universe passed me by

I followed
but it moves so fast
I called out
but I don't think it heard
and I prayed
bared my soul
ugly and wretched as it is
and the universe took me in it's arms
and showed itself to me
and showed myself to me
I saw my birth, and I was reborn
my death, many deaths
and my lives
sad and lonely
after all
I am only
human
and the beauty and the suffering
we all suffer
we are all alone
until we realize
humanity is more than it seems
and we rejoin the universe
though we were never apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home