21.12.04

Part One

as we fall away from the earth
further into the burning sun
further than we've ever come
and everything is purple and clean
and we all seem so dirty
and we're afraid to come in
and all the ghostly gods
the shadows of humanity
not shadows but images superimposed
on your best friend
you do not recognize him
you do not recognize yourself
neither does anyone else
we've all been lazy lately
lounging in pleasure and lost time
and wasted dreams float upon the water
they pass us by
it seems the time has come and gone
and we just sit unchanging, unmoved
waiting for he next tide
and as the sea backs away from the shore
we run, afraid to be sucked under
afraid of the dreams we let fall before
of life's revenge upon us for neglecting all we loved
of the cosmic bitchslap than inevitably will come
when all our tokens are spent

all we have left are the memories
of the good deeds and the bad
and the regret, and bad haircuts

our souls float upon the water
they pass us by
bitter for being sold for one last game

warning said the mechanical voice
you have less than two minutes left
before your free trail ends
there is a flurry of movement
and then we freeze
if you would like to purchase more time
it says

everything is solved by little pills
and plasic cards and computers
and we draw stars on ourselves to separate us from them
but there is no difference

can't you see?
no I am blind
then take the blindfold off your eyes.
no I am afraid
we are all afraid my child.
no I am terrified
of what?
of the light, it burns my eyes
yes the night is more forgiving.

you cannot live in the night for long
we all need the day to purge the shadows from our mind
love the light and it will be kind
do not become a creature of the night
soft, slow and treacherous
I would not know you anymore

art is a blank page with words of no meaning scattered randomly upon it

I try to find comfort on this strange bed
solace in the forgiveness of the night
and love hides in the eaves of the forest

and brightly colored slaves come to carry me away
I am afraid they can't lift me
I have become monstrous
the soft folds of flesh overwhelming
the dark hands that hold me aloft
and the gluttonous laugh
echoing through my mind
posession, abomination, demon

the comedy ensues
the beast within me is amused
the world is my stage
they are all puppets in my play
but wait
who am I
I want to change the world
I want to rule the wolrd
no
leave me alone demon

cover your eyes
I don't want you to see me
slowly melt into apathy
I don't want you to see me die.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home