21.12.04

No Title

as sad as autumn to see the summer fall,
with no hope for the future and all memories of the past
still uncomfortably warm.
as bleak as winter waiting for the coming spring,
which seems to take so long.
I am in the autumn of my life,
I can see nothing but the cold months ahead,
only a glimpse of the brightness of spring,
but afraid of it's glory for the haunting memories of the past
praying for the cold release of winter
to numb my heart and sharpen my mind,
the howling of the icy wind to drown the clamour of doubt
that has risen in my head,
the steady stagnation of a world without growth or change
to be the calm before my storm.
the comforting and eerie silence
when all other beings are asleep
alone I sing my song, searching for others like me
as the elements fight me,
full of cruel hatred, they ravage me.
I look forward to the winter,
for without it there can be no spring.

04.01.04


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home