6.1.05

Sunlight and the breeze do funny things to the mind.

I feel like I'm trying to rememeber something,
a feeling.
Is it just the way the sun hits the trees,
reflects upon the water,
or the feel of the breeze on my face.
I spin around enjoying the detached dizziness
and I wish this day would never end.
Tonight will be a glorious night.
The warm sunlight will turn into cool moon
and I will be sorry to see it,
such a bittersweet sight.
The music drowns out
the sound of the cars on the highway.
Everything feels new and old at the same time.
I've been to this place a thousand times and once,
and I know I've felt this way before.
Gliding beneath the trees,
on the way to a beach.
Looking with open eyes at all the life,
the sunlight filtered through the leaves,
making funny shapes on the road.
Still I can't describe the feeling,
it's like knowing a secret.
But it's lost now.
I sit high above humanity,
much farther than I was before,
and still I feel like I am there
gliding beneath the trees.
And the breeze tastes like life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home