21.2.05

This makes absolutely no sense

drifting through old pictures of me
you've found yourself a life
regardless of where I will be
and where do you see yourself
without me to hold your hand
and see you through
waiting in line asking why
trying to buy some time
you heard they were selling real cheap
trusting in your fath to get you by
while they're trying to get to you
you haven't paid the bill in quite awhile
and the man is here to take your TV
take your livelihood, you fight
it's all you have left of me
watching sydicated tv shows
in your ten foot cell
you killed a man or you'd be dead
that's how you got there
you dumped the body in the river
but it washed up after that
they found your prints all over him
and I wasn't going to lie for you again
so now I visit you on weekends
and bring you homemade bread
and I tell you 'bout your children
that you never knew you had
and you that say you wanna see them
but I don't think they should
see their daddy for the first time
in a place like that
but you won't be out for a long time yet
we're still making plans
I understand why you did what you did
I know you had to
I know you want to change
and I believed you could
so I gave you one last chance to prove
that I was right about you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home